Why do patients with acute or chronic pain choose the Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Pain Institute?
As one of Southeast Michigan's most successful programs, our team of specialists use a collaborative approach to diagnose pain and develop a customized treatment plan. Our comprehensive pain management plans may consist of a single approach or a combination of medications, therapies and procedures.
- Our primary clinic is conveniently located right on the campus of St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor.
- We have many Michigan Pain locations in Livingston, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
- We believe that communication with your primary care and referring physicians is a priority and ensures continuity of care.
Our pain management staff includes board certified pain specialists emphasizing evidence-based medicine. We recognize that acute and chronic pain is often dependent on many factors, requiring coordination of care between nurses, physician assistants, other medical specialists and often includes psychological support.
Our collaborative approach
- Referrals to affiliated psychologists for coordination of care (biofeedback and relaxation techniques, psychological intervention, complex psychotropic medication adjustment)
- Collaboration with spine physicians and physiatrists from Associates in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Referrals to physical/occupational therapy and recommendations for modalities (including Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, manual techniques, gait evaluation, etc.)