Having a baby is one of the most important events in a woman’s life. Whether it’s your first child, or fourth, you’ll want to find the highest quality medical care available for you and your new baby. That’s why every year, thousands of women choose to have their babies at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland (SJMO).
A leading Obstetrics provider, SJMO is fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology designed to provide the latest in patient diagnostic care and specialized treatment. We offer a broad range of services, including high-risk pregnancy care, Level III neonatal intensive care, genetic counseling, diagnostic care, childbirth education and lactation counseling
At SJMO, our team of specialized physicians, registered nurses, and certified technicians are uniquely qualified to meet the needs of patients experiencing both healthy and high-risk pregnancies. Our expertise allows us to manage outcomes in the more difficult areas of Obstetrics, such as:
- The use of Pitocin
- Vaginal delivery after a previous cesarean
- Eliminating non-medically-necessary delivery less than 39 weeks, and
- Maximizing how the second stage of labor is approached (the time between complete dilatation and delivery of the baby).
Utilizing policies based on best practices and standards of care from the American College of Obstetricians, Association of Women’s Health and Neonatal Nursing, American Academy of Pediatrics and Neonatal Association of Neonatal Nursing, the SJMO Obstetrics Program has:
- maintained 0 percent elective inductions performed at less than 39 weeks gestation, which is far below the national average.
- significantly reduced the number of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit admissions for newborns greater than 37 weeks gestation.
- 100 percent of our Obstetric nurses, resident physicians and attending physicians nationally certified in Electronic Fetal Monitoring.
At SJMO, our commitment to patient safety is our top priority. We are committed to providing you and your family with a safe, comfortable and memorable birthing experience; because you’re not just another patient …you’re our patient. And we promise to put our experience to work for you.
Click here to find a St. Joseph Mercy Oakland obstetrician near you, or call 1-800-372-6094.