Heidi Press, Public Relations Specialist
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
44405 Woodward Avenue
Pontiac, MI 48341
Free Total Joint Replacement Seminar
ST. JOSEPH MERCY OAKLAND STILL HAS PLACES AVAILABLE FOR FREE COMMUNITY SEMINAR ON ‘TOTAL JOINT REPLACEMENT'
Prospective Patients Will Learn How New Treatments Can Restore Their Quality of Life
Pontiac, Mich.-St. Joseph Mercy Oakland (SJMO) still has places available for its free community seminar entitled, "What Is Total Joint Replacement," to be held 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2011, in the hospital's Franco Communications Center, 44405 Woodward Ave., Pontiac. Orthopedic surgeon Safa Kassab, MD, will be the speaker.
The seminar is part of the hospital's free, monthly series of orthopedic community seminars. SJMO orthopedic specialists conduct the seminars, speaking on a wide range of orthopedic procedures and joint replacement.
"SJMO has won numerous awards for orthopedic and joint replacement excellence," said Jack Weiner, SJMO President and CEO. "Every day, our skilled physicians, surgeons and medical staff provide exemplary care and outstanding outcomes for the patients they treat."
Future dates, speakers and topics include:
• Sept. 27: Christopher Tisdel, MD "Disorders of the Ankle"
• Oct. 25: Paul Lewis, DO, "Treatment Options for a Painful Shoulder from A to Z"
• Nov. 15: Bruce Henderson, MD, "Properly Diagnosing and Treating Your Back Pain"
The seminars are free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be served. Free parking is available on the north side of the hospital, adjacent to the Franco Communications Center and Medical Office Building. Registration is required. To register, call St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, 800-372-6094.
The hospital's board-certified orthopedic surgeons specialize in treating spine, hand, shoulder, hip and knee disorders. They provide comprehensive care before, during and after surgery. Among the orthopedic services SJMO offers are:
- Award-winning, nationally recognized Joint Care Center,
- Artificial ankle replacement,
- Correcting and treating postural and post-traumatic deformities, diabetic conditions and arthritis,
- Cutting edge procedures such as kyphoplasty and minimally invasive, patient-specific surgery,
- MRI and custom-fit technology for total knee replacements, the first hospital in Michigan do to so,
- Around-the-clock acute trauma care at the SJMO Emergency Center.
SJMO was named a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement® and a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery® by Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Michigan and Blue Care Network.
Note: Designation as a Blue Distinction Center® means this facility's overall experience and aggregate data met objective criteria established in collaboration with expert clinicians' and leading professional organizations' recommendations. Individual outcomes may vary. To find out which services are covered under your policy at any facilities, please call the customer service number on the back of your Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield identification card or call your local Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield plan.