Massages, Manicures, Mammograms & More! 09/22/2011 October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and St. Mary Mercy Hospital is hosting a women’s event called, “Massages, Manicures, Mammograms & More!” on Saturday, October 1, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the hospital’s South Lobby. Invite your mother, sister, daughter or best friend and enjoy a women’s health excursion. Learn about women’s health including breast health, the latest in breast screening detection, cancer prevention, heart health, as well as pamper yourself with a manicure or massage.
Highlights of this FREE event:
8:30 a.m. Doors open; registration begins
9 a.m. Hear from Lila Lazarus, metro Detroit’s fun and enthusiastic award-winning health reporter, and learn from our panel of physician experts on women’s health including:
- Menopause and urinary issues, Paul Makela MD, OB/Gyn
- Mammograms and cancer detection, Jill Knapp, MD, Radiology
- The latest treatments in breast cancer, Harmesh Naik, MD, Oncology
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Learn about various topics on women’s health:
. Obstetrics, gynecology, radiology, heart health, skin care, senior services, physical fitness and more
· Health screenings
· Massages and mini manicures (walk-in and free!)
· Mammograms (must be scheduled in advance)*
· Visit vendors Spencer Douglas Jewelry, Image Recovery Center, Fitness Motivators and more
· Cooking and Zumba demonstrations
· Food & refreshments
· Giveaways (while supplies last) and drawings for great prizes!
*Must have a doctor’s order. To schedule a mammogram, call 734-655-1182.
This event is free, but registration is recommended. For more information about our speakers or to schedule your screening mammogram, call 734-655-1182 or visit stmarymercy.org and click on Classes & Events. St. Mary Mercy Hospital is located at 36475 Five Mile in Livonia.