What we do
The Department of Diagnostic Imaging performs general radiography (x-ray), Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Mammography Services, Bone Density, CT and MRI.
Highly qualified and specialized radiologists interpret your imaging studies. The majority of your imaging reports are available to your physician within 24 hours of the completion of your imaging exam. Because all of our imaging is digital, your referring physician has the capability to view your imaging studies at his or her office on a computer utilizing our digital picture archiving system (PACS) and/or inserting a CD that has your images loaded on the CD.
X-ray/Imaging Procedures at Chelsea Community Hospital
- Upon entering the hospital campus, follow the signs to the Main Entrance and once inside the building, you will turn to your right and registration will be on your left just past the Information Desk. This registration area is for Admitting, Cardiology and Diagnostic Imaging.
- Bone Density, CT, Fluoroscopy exams, Arthrograms, Digital Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, and X-ray procedures are performed in Diagnostic Imaging at CCH. Many of these exams require an appointment and special patient preparation. This information should have been shared with you by your physician, however, if you have any questions please call our department at 734-593-5500.
- The hours for outpatient plain general X-ray exams are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and on Saturday, 8:30 am to 3 pm. Emergency exams are performed as needed and your physician will give you specific instructions for those procedures.
- For all imaging procedures, if your physician has given you a requisition, it is important to bring it with you as well as your insurance card(s) and your driver's license and/or picture identification.
- UGI, Barium Enemas, Swallowing Studies, Arthrograms
- If you are having a mammogram at CCH for the first time and have had previous mammograms at another facility, we will require your prior mammograms be sent to us. This will require you to complete a Release of Information Form (link) and fax the completed form to us so that we can get those exams from the previous facility. NOTE: please make sure you complete the form by including your full legal name (including any prior last name), your address, birthdate, etc. We will also require the name of the facility and city where you had your previous mammogram done and that information goes under the section titled "To Obtain Non-CCH Information" which is on the right hand-side of the form. We will also require your signature at the bottom of the form. Once all of the information has been completed, the form will need to be mailed to us at CCH, 775 South Main Street, Chelsea, MI 48118 or you can fax the form to us at 734-593-5505.