If you're looking for FAQs for a specific service, please select from the options below
*Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is not responsible for the content of external websites
What do I need to know when I schedule an appointment?
- Procedures, such as biopsies, aspirations, abscess drainage procedures, and procedures requiring IV sedation/general anesthesia, are to be scheduled by the physician office.
- Wait one to two hours to schedule an appointment after your physician office faxes your physician order if possible. This allows time for your order to be processed and scanned into the scheduling system.
- You will need your medical insurance card(s) available when you call.
- Before calling, have a calendar available and select a few dates and times when it would be convenient for you to have your procedure.
- Next, call to schedule an appointment.
- For an appointment at St. Joseph Mercy Brighton, call 810-844-7050 or toll-free 866-522-8256 Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- For an appointment at ANY location, call 734-712-1313 or toll-free 800-396-1313 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m
How can I cancel or reschedule my appointment if needed?
To cancel or re-schedule your appointment, please call the scheduling numbers listed above so other patients needing procedures can use your reserved time.
What do I need to do before my procedure?
Call to pre-register as soon as possible before your appointment. This is very important!
To pre-register at St. Joseph Mercy Brighton, call 810-844-7050 or toll-free 866-522-8268 Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
To pre-register at ANY location, call 734-712-7000 or toll-free 877-791-2051 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Follow Preparation Instructions Carefully
Please follow the preparation instructions provided to you by your physician or physician office staff. Also, some preparation instructions are listed on the back page of your Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS) radiology physician order form. If you have questions about how to prepare for your procedure, please check with your physician.
On the day of your appointment
Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your procedure unless you are told to arrive earlier.
Bring the following information with you:
- Medical insurance card(s), and a photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport or other picture ID). You will need to provide this information at the registration desk.
- A signed physician order is required. This is very important! If you do not have one, your appointment may be delayed. If we are unable to reach your physician to obtain a written order, your appointment will need to be canceled and rescheduled for another day.
- A list of your current medications so your medical record can be updated and to assist the medical provider during your procedure.
- Any images or films from a previous procedure that are similar to the procedure you will be having, if not taken at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. This will assist the radiologist in providing a timely, accurate interpretation so your report is not delayed
Can I take my medications before my procedure?
If you are uncertain about whether or not you can take your medications before your procedure, please contact your physician. There are also some medication instructions on the back page of the SJMHS radiology physician order form.
Can I bring my young children along with me to my procedure?
There is no one in the radiology department who is available to watch children. Please make other arrangements for your children. If children accompany you to your appointment, please bring an adult along to supervise them during your procedure. OB Ultrasound patients are requested to limit their visitors to two.
When will I receive my results?
A radiologist will interpret your procedure. The report will then be typed, reviewed by the radiologist and sent to your physician. If your physician or physician office did not discuss with you when and how you would receive the results of your procedure, please check with them.
How much will my procedure cost?
If you have medical insurance, it is recommended that you check with your insurance company on coverage. A patient’s insurance coverage will vary by insurance company and by an individual’s health plan. It is important to call your insurance carrier before your procedure to determine what procedures are covered by your medical insurance policies for your clinical condition and to learn about any deductibles or co-payments you may be responsible for.
Also, it is important to inquire if the SJMHS location where your procedure is to be performed participates with your insurance plan. If your medical insurance is accepted at SJMHS, then the hospital agrees to accept payment from that insurance company based on their reimbursement rates. These can vary from one plan to another within the same insurance company. However, even if the hospital participates with your insurance plan, you may still have a deductible or copayment that you are responsible for.
How can I obtain a price estimate?
It can be difficult to provide an accurate price for radiology procedures since there may be additional medications or contrast administered and/or services or procedures performed during your appointment. Whether your medical insurance is accepted at SJMHS is another factor that determines your final bill. You may also have a deductible or co-payment that needs to be paid for your procedure. This is determined by your medical insurance plan.
For a Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Price Estimate for the facility fee, call the estimate line at 734-712-7392, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. -; 5:00 p.m.
For a Huron Valley Radiology Price Estimate for the radiologist’s fee, call
734-712-8350, Monday -; Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
About pre-authorization for your procedure
Some insurance companies require your physician office to obtain authorization for certain radiology procedures before your procedure is performed. If pre-authorization is not obtained, you will need to sign a waiver prior to having the procedure accepting responsibility of the payment for the cost for the procedure.
Who do I call if I have questions about my bill?
Depending on your procedure, you may receive two bills.
- One bill is for the facility fee where you were seen.
- The second bill is from Huron Valley Radiology, P.C. for the radiologist interpretation of your procedure.
If you have questions about your bill from:
- Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, call 734-712-3700 or toll-free 800-676-0431 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Huron Valley Radiology, PC, call toll-free 888-856-9416 Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
For other questions?
If you have questions before or after your radiology procedure, please call 734-712-0282 Sunday through Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.