St. Joseph Mercy Canton Health Center offers primary and specialty care physician services, urgent care, clinical lab, radiology and physical rehabilitation services. We also house the state’s first interactive health education center – a must see for kids-and kids at heart!
About the Center for Advanced Medicine & Surgery
- 53,600 square foot addition including 15,000 square feet of space for lease.
- Recipient of the Canton Committee for Community Excellence Medallion Award.
- Special architectural and design details create a soft, relaxing environment for treatment and recovery.
Expanded Imaging Services
- New 64-slice CT scanner offers faster exams, breathing lights to coach patients through breath holds and a lower table height making access for all patients easier.
- Digital mammography provides higher quality images for all women especially those with dense breasts.
- Renovated ultrasound and vascular lab suites
- Only Fixed MRI in Canton
- New dressing rooms and waiting area for imaging patients.
Comprehensive Cancer Center
- First cancer center in Southeast Michigan to offer RapidArc™ technology for radiation therapy.
- Big Bore CT simulator
- 13 private chemotherapy infusion bays provide therapeutic views of the meditation garden, flat screen televisions and artwork creating a healing environment for patients.
- 4 radiation oncology and 4 medical oncology exam rooms
- Canton’s first American Cancer Society (ACS) Cancer Resource Center – ACS Volunteers are available to offer support and guidance to cancer patients, survivors and caregivers by providing educational materials, making referrals to community resources and aiding patients in finding resources online.
- Learn more about
Rapid Arc™ Linear Accelerator: The Latest in Radiation Therapy
The Canton Cancer Center is the first in Southeast Michigan to offer radiation therapy using RapidArc technology. This state of- the-art system is the latest approach to image-guided, intensity-modulated radiation treatment (IGRT/IMRT) – enabling beams with varying intensity of radiation to be aimed at the tumor from multiple angles. RapidArc makes it possible to program the linear accelerator to deliver more precise treatment in a shorter time than traditional radiation treatments. In most cases one treatment lasts less than two minutes with the linear accelerator making a full rotation around the patient.
RapidArc is a valuable addition to the treatment options already available at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. It is complementary to the CyberKnife at St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor. The CyberKnife is used for certain types of tumors that require a stronger single dose. RapidArc enhances current treatments for larger and irregular tumors. Both options provide improved accuracy and protection to healthy tissue, and they help to lessen the side effects of radiation treatment such as fatigue.
Outpatient Surgery and Procedure Center
- 3 minimally invasive surgery suites with the latest in surgical technologies.
- 3 universal treatment rooms
- 19 surgery pre-op/recovery bays
- Large family waiting area with flat screen televisions.
- Patient tracking screen confidentially keeps family and friends up-to-date on their loved one’s location status.
Renovations to Existing Canton Health Center Lobby
- Renovations in the current lobby provide easier access to urgent care, imaging and specialty physician office space.
- Increased lobby space, new furniture and finishings provide an updated look to the existing building.
- Wayfinding kiosks in both lobbies provide visitors with a touch screen of information on services and physician locations.