Start your nursing career with the Saint Joseph Mercy Health System summer Student Nurse Intern (SNI) Program. This is a ten-week paid mentorship offering student nurses a unique opportunity to expand their clinical knowledge, reinforce nursing skills and increase clinical competency in relating theory to practice.
2013 Summer Internship deadline: March 15, 2013. Click Here to Apply Online.
Student Nurse Internships are available in the following areas:
- Adult Oncology
- Cardiac Medicine Progressive Care Units
- Emergency Department
- Intensive Care Unit - Medical
- Medical Progressive Care Unit - Inpatient
- Medical Unit - Inpatient
- Psychiatry - Inpatient/Outpatient
- Surgical Progressive Care Unit - Inpatient
- Surgical Unit - Inpatient
- Educational programs and in-services
- EKG classes along with new RNs (PCU placement only)
- Individualized experiences according to interests
- Mentorship with RN preceptors
- Network with other Student Nurse Interns
- 3.2 GPA minimum
- Available to work 36-40 hours per week for ten weeks starting June 3 - August 9, 2013 at a rate of $13 per hour
- Senior Status in BSN program (Fall 2013)
- Click Here to Apply Online
- Two professional/educational letters of recommendation*
- Copy of college transcript*
- One Page Essay* (Why Nursing was chosen as a profession and What you hope to gain from Internship)
- Deadline: March 15, 2013
- *All 3 Requirements must be submitted together and can be e-mailed, mailed or delivered to Recruitment department.
Contact the Human Resources Employment Department at 734-712-8763 during regular business hours.