Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is known for its remarkable care. One of the ways we continue to ensure our clinical excellence is by developing the skills and expertise of the individuals on our team. The opportunity to become a Patient Care Technician (PCT) or a Patient Care Assistant (PCA) is offered to those within our health system, who have been selected and recognized by their managers for exceptional job performance.
Patient Care Technicians and Patient Care Assistants play a vital role in our ability to ensure a personalized healing process. Under the supervision of licensed professionals, our PCTs and PCAs deliver direct patient care that is sensitive to the specific needs of the patient. These professionals perform an assortment of services including:
- Starting Intravenous Infusions
- Use Of The Doppler-Peripheral Vascular Checks
- Routine Oxygen Therapy, Pulse Oximetry
- Collects And Delivers Labeled Specimens To Labs
- Records Vital Signs
- Calculates Intake And Output, Obtains Weights
- Assists With Activities Of Daily Living: Eating,
- Provides Wound Care
- Transports Patients
- Gathers Post-Procedural Data & More
This special program provides a tailored orientation, individualized training, plus online and classroom learning. You’ll then be placed in unit-specific classes to further your knowledge and understanding. Our goal is to build on your strengths and set you up for greater success.