These types of placements involve a student being placed, with an individual
preceptor from our facility, for an agreed period of time. This includes preceptor
placements, internships, externships, practicums, etc. This is not for groups
of students that come to our facility, with an instructor, for clinical experience.
- The first step in obtaining placements in SJMHS is to obtain a clinical
contract for your school and program. Please contact the Affiliating Schools
Coordinator at the e-mail address or phone number listed below to have a contract
drafted. Hospital policy requires that we use the hospital’s contract
template for all contracts.
All information required for placements includes:
- Contract – once signed by both parties, it is
- Copy of schools liability insurance.
- Copy of course syllabi or objectives.
*Students MAY NOT begin clinical placements in our system until the above information
- Once this information is verified then the student needs to complete
the following forms and submit them to the Affiliating Schools Coordinator:
- Participant Agreement
- Students must still complete the orientation requirements listed
under the Student Orientation Materials and
follow the directions listed.
Affiliating Schools Coordinator for Saint Joseph Mercy Health
Affiliating Schools Coordinator
Employee Education and Development
Administrative Services Building
5301 East Huron River Drive
P.O. Box 995
Ann Arbor, MI